“Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and it is never the result of selfishness” – Napoleon Hill Author: Robert A Felberg MD Topics: Physician leadership, Career Advancement, Office Politics Keywords: Financial independence, sacrifice, paying off medical student debt, doctor passive income, doctor early retirement “1. You have get
“Let him who would move the world first move himself” -Socrates Author: Robert A Felberg MD Topics: Physician leadership, Career Advancement, Office Politics Keywords: Doctor opportunities, effective time management skills for doctors, advancement for a doctor “1. You have get up to go up. 2. You have to
When Doctor Contract Negotiations Go Bad (Part Two)- Avoid the Behavior Mistakes that Sour the Relationship.
Every time you negotiate, you run a risk. Learn the advanced techniques to avoid the negative actions that have the potential to worsen the outcome. Author: Robert A Felberg MD Topic: Negotiation, Conflict management Keywords: Physician Negotiation, Doctor contract negotiation tips, conflict management for doctors, physician employment checklist, Paying off
There are many free things in life to appreciate, but this isn’t one of those blogs. So, while I enjoy turkey time with my family, I’m going to post about a work-related issue for which am thankful (all the time remembering that health and family are what it’s really all
Vaccinating Your Career from Harm- Office Politics in Action (Part One): Preserve your Boss’s Political Capital.
Once your boss gets tired of defending you, your future is at significant risk. Author: Robert A Felberg MD Topic: Office politics, career advice Keywords: protecting your career, disruptive doctor, doctor promotion, healthcare career advancement Maybe you have that one colleague? You know what I’m talking about. Every single time
Having trouble lining up an interview? I spill the secret to a master level interviewing technique Author: Robert A Felberg MD Topic: Interviewing, Networking Keywords: Informational interviewing, doctor interview tips, physician jobs, medical doctor jobs You won’t admit it, but you’re starting to panic. Everyone else has already started their
You worry that negotiating your doctor contract for higher salary may go badly. The reality is that it may be the best thing that could happen for your career. Author: Robert A Felberg MD Topic: Negotiation, Professional and Business Skills Keywords: Physician soft skills, negotiating for a higher doctor salary,
The Role of Relationship in Negotiation (Part One)- In Medicine, Strengthening the Long-Term Relationship Is Often the Most Important Outcome.
How you are treated and how you treat others will ultimately create more value than your immediate outcome. This is especially true in the medical field. Author: Robert A Felberg MD Topic: Negotiation. Office Politics Keywords: Doctor Contract, Negotiating for a higher salary, Doctor Salary, Reputation in negotiation “Your
Your market value report will get you about 65% of the way to a great deal on your physician salary. The remaining 35% will require some leg work. Author: Robert A Felberg MD Topic: Negotiation, Professional and medical business skills Keywords: Doctor negotiation, Health care negotiation, Doctor salary It’s your
That LASER pointer might as well be a sleep-ray when it comes to engaging your audience. Author: Robert A Felberg MD Topic: Public Speaking. PowerPoint for Physicians Keywords: Designing PowerPoint for Doctors, Medical Presentation Tips, Medical Presentation Style Guidelines Ever notice how some PowerPoint presentations just sizzle while others flop?
Great public speakers use story telling techniques to connect with their audience. Author: Robert A Felberg MD Topic: Public Speaking. Professional skills for Doctors: Keywords: Public speaking tips, public speaking in the medical field, communications skills in healthcare. Some public speakers seem to have a knack when it comes to
You want your appearance and performance to reflect positively and not take away from your message. Author: Robert A Felberg MD Topic: Media Interviewing for Physician Keyword: Media training, Doctor television interview, what to wear for tv interview, tips for television interview You’ve been invited to participate in a television